If you receive funds from the Federal Stafford Loan Program, you will be required to complete an exit counseling session. This counseling session reviews the listed rights and responsibilities related to the loan. You will complete the counseling session online. It will include the following topics:
- The necessity of repaying your student loan
- Subsidized vs. Unsubsidized Stafford Loans
- Your repayment options
- Deferment and forbearance
- Reasons for loan cancellation
- Loan consolidation and loan serialization
- Keeping in touch with your lender/servicer
- Other information resources
You will sign in to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) to complete exit counseling. You will need your Federal PIN to login in to the NSLDS site. If you don't remember your Federal PIN, go to Request a Duplicate PIN. Your school will be notified when you have completed counseling.
If you have any questions concerning how to complete the Exit Counseling or concerning any information received during the exit counseling session, please contact the financial aid office.