Military Active Duty Scholarship
Globe University/Minnesota School of Business offers a military scholarship designed to reward students for their active military service to our country.
Active duty service members of the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, and Drilling Reserve/National Guard and their spouse/dependents are eligible for the scholarship in an amount equal to the difference between the current tuition rate and $250 per credit hour. Additionally, the application fee will be applied to first quarter books/supplies and fees. Students will be responsible for any other costs including books, supplies and fees associated with the program or classes enrolled.
1. Students must provide a copy of their Military ID Card.*
2. Students must be enrolled in an approved GU/MSB program.
3. The scholarship is not available to students enrolled in the Nursing or MBA programs.
4. The effective date of the scholarship is 4/6/09 and is not retroactive.
5. Award amounts are designated for tuition only, with the exception of the application fee, and will be applied after the Drop/Add period.
6. Scholarship may not be used in conjunction with other military scholarships.
7. Student must maintain satisfactory academic progress or will lose eligibility for the scholarship.
* Spouse/dependents must provide copy of military ID card for active duty, reserve and National Guard, dependent ID card, marriage license, birth certificate or federal tax form to show proof of dependent status. A student can receive the Military Advantage Scholarship as a dependent student based on the U.S. Department of Education’s Title IV determination of the dependency status.
The education department will evaluate credit for military education or occupational courses taken while in the military for credit applied toward a GU/MSB program. The evaluation will follow recommendations from the American Council on Education (ACE) on transfer of credit and granting credit for military work experience.
Contact us today to learn more
As a military service member, you deserve educational benefits. Find out if you qualify for the Military Active Duty Scholarship – or any other scholarships, military educational benefits or financial aid – by calling our military student services department at 1-866-342-3505. A representative will be happy to answer questions about online courses, student involvement opportunities, career services and more.