How to Re-Apply for Federal Student Aid

Each school year, you will need to reapply for federal grants and loans. We are STILL here to help! If you have any questions or problems with the process, your administrator will be happy to help—just stop in or call.
Steps to reapply for aid

1) Locate your Department of Education PIN.

The PIN number you created when you first applied for aid still serves as your personal identifier for several Department of Education systems. The PIN number also serves as your electronic signature.

If you are a dependent student, your parents will need their PIN as well.

If you do not have a PIN you can apply for a Department of Education PIN Number at the Federal Student Aid Pin Site.

2) Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) renewal form

You can complete a FAFSA or check on the status of a completed FAFSA at

You can use your PIN number from step one to sign your FAFSA form. You will be asked to indicate the school code of the college you will be attending. Minnesota School of Business's school code is 017145. Globe University's school code is 004642.

3) Complete all paperwork requested by our financial aid office.

After you have completed the FAFSA, the federal government will send you and our financial aid office a copy of the processed application. This is called a Student Aid Report (SAR). From the SAR, we will determine if additional paperwork is required to complete your financial aid application. All returning students need to fill out the continuing student form for financial aid.

It is important to keep track of where you are in the financial aid process to ensure that your financial aid arrives on time. The financial aid office will assist you with this process by sending you reminders of what paperwork you need to complete the financial aid process.